Cheesy potatoes, yes please
7 Aug 2014 12:00 AM
Posted by Debsel
Easy cheesy potato boats recipe
- Two large potatoes (desiree or coliban are generally best for baking)
- Small knob of butter
- 1 medium tin of tuna
- 2 handfuls of grated cheese
- 1 small handful of chopped chives
- Splash of milk/cream/natural yogurt if desired
1) Bake your potatoes in the oven at 180 degrees until they're cooked. You can also microwave your potatoes until they're soft in the inside, but just remember to first prick them with a knife so that they don't explode.
2) Remove your potatoes from the oven and cut them in half lengthways so that each potato creates two boat-like halves.
3) Scoop out the insides of each potato, taking care to leave the skin intact, and place the insides in a mixing bowl. Set the skins aside.
4) Mix the potato in the bowl with the butter, tuna and a handful of grated cheese. If the mixture looks a little dry, you can also add a dash of milk, cream or natural yogurt to achieve a creamier consistency.
5) Season with salt and pepper and some chopped chives and mix again.
6) Scoop this mixture back into the potato skins and top with some extra grated cheese and chives.
7) Pop into the oven under a low grill until the cheese melts and turns golden.
8) Serve with a side salad and enjoy!
Note: I love using tuna in this recipe, but the recipe works just as well with other ingredients substituted in: think leftover taco mince/bolognaise, grilled salmon, corn kernels, mixed herbs, or simply a variety of four cheeses.
What's your favourite potato and cheese combination?